When it comes to moving to the cloud - whether you're IT or the business - there are numerous factors and touch points to consider. Prioritizing what to do, from choosing a cloud backup provider to integrating your directory, can be challenging. Here are some stats and tips to help your organization with their cloud strategy (see below).
Also, for more in-depth information about cloud trends and challenges, check out our white paper: "Top 4 Cloud Computing Challenges."
10 Tweetable Cloud Stats and Tips
- Reducing on-site staffing requirements and mobilizing your workforce are top reasons to move to the cloud. -Quickbooks
- 52% of leading organizations are turning to the cloud to drive innovation in products and services.
- 30% say Security and Compliance are top challenges with cloud maturity. -Rightscale
- Cloud storage prices have fallen by more than 50%. -Techcrunch
- 75% of SMBs have no disaster recovery plan. - Techrepublic
- 40% of SMB executives reported the cloud enabled them to move into new geo markets faster.
- 55% of SMB retailers were unaware of their state’s security breach requirements. -Yahoo finance
- 53% of enterprise developers using the cloud report faster time to market and improved productivity.
- 461 is the average number of cloud apps enterprises have running in their organizations -- nine to 10 times IT's estimate. -Netskope
- Second biggest moving to the cloud pain point is integration of legacy and on-prem systems with cloud apps. -451Research